Mental Health Support
Kent and Medway Safe Havens
Are you feeling distressed, overwhelmed, or that things are too much for you? Don’t know where to turn to get mental health support? The Kent and Medway Safe Havens are run by Mental Health Matters and offer face to face mental health support for those living in Kent and Medway to anyone aged 16+. No appointment or referral needed.
The Safe Havens will remain open every day 6pm – 11pm despite Kent now being in Tier 4. They will also now be offering virtual consultations via “One consultation”. If you are attending any one of the Safe Havens below please ensure you are following government guidelines and attend wearing a face covering.
- Email [email protected]
- Visit: Age UK, MacKenney Centre, Woodlands Road, Gillingham, ME7 2BX
Mental Health Matters
The Mental Health Matters phone line is free, confidential and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is provided by an independent charity. Call 0800 107 0160 to speak to someone in their highly trained and experienced Mental Health Matters team.
- Visit https://www.mhm.org.uk/
Release the Pressure
Call 0800 107 0160 to release the pressure if you’re feeling stressed for free confidential support at any time. You can also text Kent to 85258 for 24 hour mental health crisis support via text from trained volunteers. This service is provided by SHOUT.
Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT)
For adults of Kent and Medway, call the 24 hour helpline on 0800 783 9111 if you need urgent mental health support, advice and guidance. For under 18s and residents of Kent and Medway call the 24 hour Single Point of Access on 0800 011 3474 (select option one, then option three). If you are a KMPT patient and you need urgent help Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, contact your Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
At other times, contact your local crisis team, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Medway and Swale Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment team - 01634 968460
NHS 111 online
- Help and support available online https://111.nhs.uk/
NHS talking therapies
NHS talking therapies services are also known as Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services. Talking therapies, or psychological therapies, are effective and confidential treatments delivered by fully trained and accredited NHS practitioners. They can help with common mental health problems like stress, anxiety and depression.
A GP can refer you, or you can refer yourself directly to an NHS psychological therapies service (IAPT) without a referral from a GP.
A 24 hour helpline has been set up to support vulnerable people in Kent who need urgent help, supplies or medication. It provides a single, convenient point of contact for anyone in the county who is in urgent need of help during the Coronavirus outbreak. If you are vulnerable and have an urgent need that cannot be met through existing support networks.
- Visit www.kent.gov.uk/KentTogether
- 03000 41 92 92
Children and young people's mental health services
Contact North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) children’s Single Point of Access on 0800 011 3474 if you need to get help for a child or young person. The Single Point of Access (SPA) is a team of clinicians who review your emotional and mental health concerns and help establish the best way to support you.
Live Well Kent
Live Well Kent can support you with:
- Managing your money, including debt and benefits
- Housing support and guidance
- Improving your relationships
- Accessing counselling.
- Basic advice on healthy living and helping you set some goals to make positive lifestyle changes
- Supporting you to access a range of free resources including apps and things that are happening in your local community
- Putting you in touch with support to help you quit smoking, lose weight reduce your drinking or drugs intake and look after your sexual health.
- Community projects
- Arts, music, culture or sporting groups
- Finding IAPT psychological therapies in your area
- Visit https://livewellkent.org.uk/
- 0800 567 7699
Wellbeing Line is now open if you need to talk to please call 0808 196 3898. Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6-10pm.